The patients charter has now been extended to Primary Care and we aim to provide all our patients with a high quality service to meet your health care needs.
We will try to answer the telephone promptly (within 6 rings) and say who is answering your call...
Same day appointments are available daily.
Please ring after 8.00am.
Pre-bookable appointments are for those who need to arrange appointments around otherwise busy working lives.
- If you wish to speak to Primary Health Team Members, we will try to arrange a convenient time for you to do so, or have your call returned. We will try to start surgeries on time.......emergencies permitting.
- We will try to see 80% of you within 30 minutes of your appointment time assuming:
- You have let us know if you cannot keep your appointment
- There is only one patient per appointment
- There are not too many patients wanting acute (same day) emergency appointments
- The Doctor is not called out on an emergency house call
- We will keep you informed of reasons for delays.
- We will try and keep the premises in reasonable condition.
- We will try to do house calls within three hours of the end of morning surgery.
- Demand does vary, and at times there may be competing priorities for the on-call doctor. Only information you give can help this doctor to decide medical priority...so please give generously!